It just seems like yesterday when Cory and I were talking about the idea of having another child… Then one day in early September we found out that we were pregnant, December I was put on mandatory bedrest. So, when Paytun was finally born, she entered the world huge for 37 weeks, at over 7 pounds, and crying loudly…we were so relieved!
She has brought such joy to our lives, and it’s hard to believe she is ten! Here are just ten of the reasons why we love her so!
1. She’s an outgoing extrovert. I joke that I’m a outgoing extrovert and Cory’s an outgoing introvert, but it’s true. Paytun is the best of us both!
2. She is incredibly creative and crafty. I cannot believe the things she comes up with…from a very young age and as recently as last week. Get her together with her friends Hannah & Morgan and they produce all sorts of new inventions.
3. She is such a great little sister, usually. Sometimes she complains about her big sisters being annoying, but most of the time she takes good care of them and includes them in her adventures. She also does a lot of teaching. Taryn adores her (when they are not fighting…). Haha! She also gets along well with Mari–for the most part. Hey–no kid is perfect!
4. She is a truly great friend and daughter. Each year at her birthday party I’m struck by what nice friends she has, and how much they appreciate and enjoy each other. Sh chooses her friends carefully–and I love the fact that she has just as many female friends as male friends. At her birthday party this year we will have girls and boys.
5. She is forgiving, diplomatic, and considerate. If she receives a present she already has, she is tactful and doesn’t blurt out that he already has it. She does not say unkind things to other people (with the occasional exception of her sisters). 🙂 She has a huge heart.
6. She is confident and daring. She never seems to get stage fright when performing, in fact she loves the limelight, just like his mommie. Like her daddy she loves thrill rides!
7. She is talented–that’s not really why I love her, but it seems like it fits. We’ve been told she has a talent for swim, although she’s just putting in his time at the moment. Her first love is science. Running is just on the side. They seem to come so easily to her, I never had that kind of confidence or poise in front of all those people as a kid!
9. She’s resilient, upbeat, and enthusiastic, which I consider three important traits for happiness. Whenever she gets into a funk (and she does, probably more often than others in the family–she has big feelings), I know she will rebound and recover before much time has passed. She usually goes off to have time by herself and recover. She also embodies one of my favorite quotes, which is:
“Enthusiasm is one of the most powerful engines of success. When you do a thing, do it with all your might. Put your whole soul into it. Stamp it with your own personality. Be active, be energetic, be enthusiastic and faithful, and you will accomplish your object. Nothing great was ever achieved without enthusiasm.” —Ralph Waldo Emerson
10. She is sensitive. We cry together at emotional movies. She’s also incredibly affectionate and tells me she loves me every single day. Usually, it’s “I love you more.”
Love this kid, and I’m so proud of her for what she’s already accomplished in her first decade!